Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Dimitris Bouras <dm...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/23 13:48:14 UTC

Ambari 1.6.0 installation error

The steps I follow to setup ambari are based on the Quick start Guide are:

1)cd centos6.5
2)./up.sh 3
3) vagrant ssh c6501
4) sudo su -
4a) yum install wget
5) wget
http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos6/1.x/updates/1.6.0/ambari.repo
..setup star...etc.
6) login to c6501:8080
7) Define my range expression:
c65[01-03].ambari.apache.org

Specify the the non-root SSH user vagrant, and upload insecure_private_key
file that I copied earlier as the private key.

Here is where the process fails, probably due to me not setting up
passwordless ssh. Is this a correct assumption ?
or is there some other kind of error in my setup ? (since the vagrant
insecure key should do the trick?)
Kind regards

Dimitri

Re: Ambari 1.6.0 installation error

Posted by ๏̯͡๏ <ÐΞ€ρ@Ҝ>, de...@gmail.com.
Use root and don;t change a thing, leave everything as default. it works
smooth

--
Deepak

Re: Ambari 1.6.0 installation error

Posted by Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM>.

From: "ÐΞ€ρ@Ҝ (๏̯͡๏)" <de...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 6:55 AM
To: user <us...@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Ambari 1.6.0 installation error

c65[01-03].ambari.apache.org<http://ambari.apache.org>

Specify the the non-root SSH user vagrant, and upload insecure_private_key file that I copied earlier as the private key.

Here is where the process fails, probably due to me not setting up  passwordless ssh. Is this a correct assumption ?
or is there some other kind of error in my setup ? (since the vagrant insecure key should do the trick?)
Kind regards

Dimitri
[X]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Deepak

Re: Ambari 1.6.0 installation error

Posted by ๏̯͡๏ <ÐΞ€ρ@Ҝ>, de...@gmail.com.
Hello,
I had faced the exact same error and the user must be root, otherwise it
does not work.
It did not work with my user upon switching to root everything worked.
You will need to get private key of root@ambari-server and copy public
certificate of root@ambari-server into all the compute nodes.

Switch to root and everything will be dead smooth :)
Regards,
Deepak

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Dimitris Bouras <dm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you both for your promt reply
>
> Deepak, I will try out your solution thanks.
>
> Yusako, I still cannot seem to install the ambari-cluster following the
> quick start guide. I have attached my steps in a "steps.txt" please point
> out any steps I might be missing or user privileges that may be involved.
>
> Furthermore i have attached the console output of installation and the
> tail of  /ambari-server.log & (ui logs)  for both cases as root and vagrant
> using same insecure key. I cant seem to get to work with either.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help
>
> Dimitri
>

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 12:59 AM, Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The Quick Start Guide [1] was missing the step to copy the
>> insecure_priviate_key file to the OS-specific project folder.
>> The Wiki has been updated to add this step.
>> You don't need to manually distribute or configure SSH on all VMs.  Once
>> the insecure_private_key file is in place in the project folder,
>> bootstrap.sh does the rest (including passwordless ssh login for root).
>>
>> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Quick+Start+Guide
>>
>> Yusaku
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 7:41 AM, Deepak <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>>> I have had similar error.
>>> You need to store ssh public key of ambari server into root user of
>>> .ssh/authorized_keys file in every host you add using web GUI. This must be
>>> done manually. Remember its root user and not any other user.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> On 23-Jun-2014, at 7:35 pm, Dimitris Bouras <dm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>>  Shouldn't the shell command in bootstrap.sh do this fo rme?
>>>
>>> mkdir -p /root/.ssh; chmod 600 /root/.ssh; cp
>>> /home/vagrant/.ssh/authorized_keys /root/.ssh/

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Deepak

Re: Ambari 1.6.0 installation error

Posted by Dimitris Bouras <dm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi all,

The Quick Start Guide [1] was missing the step to copy the
insecure_priviate_key file to the OS-specific project folder.
The Wiki has been updated to add this step.
You don't need to manually distribute or configure SSH on all VMs.  Once
the insecure_private_key file is in place in the project folder,
bootstrap.sh does the rest (including passwordless ssh login for root).

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Quick+Start+Guide

Yusaku

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 7:41 AM, Deepak <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
> I have had similar error.
> You need to store ssh public key of ambari server into root user of
> .ssh/authorized_keys file in every host you add using web GUI. This must be
> done manually. Remember its root user and not any other user.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 23-Jun-2014, at 7:35 pm, Dimitris Bouras <dm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks,
>
>  Shouldn't the shell command in bootstrap.sh do this fo rme?
>
> mkdir -p /root/.ssh; chmod 600 /root/.ssh; cp
> /home/vagrant/.ssh/authorized_keys /root/.ssh/
>

> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Olivier Renault <orenault@hortonworks.com
> > wrote:
>
>> It's probably a good assumption. You need to have distributed the public
>> ssh key to every hosts ahead of time.
>>
>> An alternative is to install ambari-agent on each node, configured it
>> (edit /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.conf and point it to your
>> ambari-server) and start the agent.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Olivier
>> On 23 Jun 2014 12:48, "Dimitris Bouras" <dm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> The steps I follow to setup ambari are based on the Quick start Guide
>>> are:
>>>
>>> 1)cd centos6.5
>>> 2)./up.sh 3
>>> 3) vagrant ssh c6501
>>> 4) sudo su -
>>> 4a) yum install wget
>>> 5) wget
>>> http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos6/1.x/updates/1.6.0/ambari.repo
>>> ..setup star...etc.
>>> 6) login to c6501:8080
>>> 7) Define my range expression:
>>> c65[01-03].ambari.apache.org
>>>
>>> Specify the the non-root SSH user vagrant, and upload
>>> insecure_private_key file that I copied earlier as the private key.
>>>
>>> Here is where the process fails, probably due to me not setting up
>>> passwordless ssh. Is this a correct assumption ?
>>> or is there some other kind of error in my setup ? (since the vagrant
>>> insecure key should do the trick?)
>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> Dimitri
>>>

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Ambari 1.6.0 installation error

Posted by ๏̯͡๏ <ÐΞ€ρ@Ҝ>, de...@gmail.com.
Hello,
Steps to install ambari server  (RHEL)
https://github.com/deepujain/ambari_hadoopcluster/blob/master/prepare_node.sh

Steps to prepare a node to be included into hadoop cluster using
ambari(RHEL)
https://github.com/deepujain/ambari_hadoopcluster/blob/master/install_ambari_server.sh

Regards,
Deepak