Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by ketanbparekh <ta...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/04 13:31:15 UTC

i am not getting subject content in utf-8 format

Hi all,

I am trying to filter mails by passing persian words in subject. But persian
words appear as ? marks in subject and jsieve is not able to filter it.

Can anybody pls provide me the solution, I want to filter persian or other
language words(UTF-8 format) that appear in subject.

Thanks in advance,
Ketan.B.Parekh

Re: i am not getting subject content in utf-8 format

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
On 5/4/07, ketanbparekh <ta...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to filter mails by passing persian words in subject. But persian
> words appear as ? marks in subject and jsieve is not able to filter it.

This is a complex area, and it really depends where the corruption is occuring.
You need to ensure that the software which creates the message, your
sieve scripts, and the software you use to view it all are using
UTF-8.

Then if there is still a problem we need to make sure that the charset
is properly recorded in the headers, and that the header is escaped
correctly using base64 or Uuencode.

d.

Re: i am not getting subject content in utf-8 format

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 5/7/07, ketanbparekh <ta...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am running on Windows XP Professional.

windows has a difficult default platform encoding so this may well be
the problem. unfortunately, it's hard to be sure. what encoding type
is the script saved in?

complex SIEVE scripts are very difficult to debug on the server.
filtering may fail for many reasons.

1 in the event of an problem in the execution of the script, james
will deliver the email to the INBOX. have you checked the logs on the
server for exceptions?

2 have you tested the execution of your script using ScriptChecker
against the problematic email?

- robert

Re: i am not getting subject content in utf-8 format

Posted by ketanbparekh <ta...@yahoo.com>.