Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Lily Nguyen <lo...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/13 14:15:22 UTC

Single Sign On from Citrix server

Hi all,
I need to do a performance/load test for Single Sign On from Citrix server
to different applications within. Basically, users would first login to
Citrix and once they are in Citrix, they would be automatically logged into
different web applications.

My questions are:
Is JMeter the right tool for this type of test?  If not,  could you please
recommend a tool that works with these requirements?

I really appreciate any info.  Thank you very much!

--Lily,

Re: Single Sign On from Citrix server

Posted by Andrew Burton <an...@gmail.com>.
I've never done Citrix performance testing with JMeter, but I have with
LoadRunner. This was a few years ago, and it wasn't an enjoyable
experience, even with LoadRunner's good support for Citrix.

From memory, the arrangement was that the user logs in to a hosted Citrix
"virtual desktop" from which they click the application, which is also
hosted on a virtual desktop. What I suspect is that it'll be difficult to
replicate the user requests, since they will be wrapped up in Citrix's
proprietary protocols (used to be ICA - is that still the case?).

A Google search indicates there is at least one JMeter plugin supporting
Citrix (
http://performancelabus.com/loading-testing-with-citrix-for-non-standard-protocols/),
but I'm not sure of the cost or how up to date it is.

You might want to run a proof of concept for both LR and JMeter, and see
whether or not it is easy enough to record/simulate users, unless someone
else on the list has more recent experience with either?

Andrew