Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Valencia Serrao <vs...@us.ibm.com> on 2017/01/19 07:12:10 UTC

impalad crashes at load_nested step in dataloading.

Hi All,

While executing the load_nested step in dataloading for Impala2.6 on
Ubuntu16.04 ppc64le, impalad crashes with following message in logs:

"Could not codegen PartitionedAggregationNode::UpdateTuple because
intermediate type STRING is not yet supported for aggregate function
"group_concat()""

Here are the logs: (See attached file:
impalad.testvm.test.log.INFO.20170118-211515.3848), (See attached file:
load_nested.py.log), (See attached file: hs_err_pid3848.log)

Any guidance on this issue will be helpful.

Regards,
Valencia

Re: impalad crashes at load_nested step in dataloading.

Posted by Jeszy <je...@gmail.com>.
Hello Valencia,

Yes, this is a crash, but it's still not likely to be related to the "Could
not codegen" message.
Looks like a core dump was written:

# Core dump written. Default location: /home/test/ImpalaPPC/core or core.3848
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/test/ImpalaPPC/hs_err_pid3848.log

The best would be to get a backtrace from that. This should do:
gdb <path/to/impalad> <path/to/core> --batch -ex 'thread apply all bt' > bt

We can then check if it matches any known issues.

Thanks

Posted by Valencia Serrao <vs...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the quick response.

I've run the query (See attached file: tmp_orders_string_query.txt) in
impala shell and I get the "Connection closed by peer" message. Next, if I
start the impala-cluster again and check in impala-shell prompt the table
is created in tpch_nested_parquet database. Checking the impalad logs for
the failures, I again got the message I mentioned in earlier email..
I'm attaching the logs again for you reference:  (See attached file:
load_nested.py.log), (See attached file: hs_err_pid3848.log)(See attached
file: impalad.testvm.test.log.INFO.20170118-211515.3848.txt)

From:	Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>
To:	"dev@impala" <de...@impala.incubator.apache.org>
Cc:	Valencia Serrao/Austin/Contr/IBM@IBMUS, Nishidha
Date:	01/19/2017 01:33 PM