Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Martin Thomas <mt...@beam.ltd.uk> on 2003/04/23 12:49:03 UTC

Problems Compiling Xalan-C_1_4

Hi,

Anybody have any ideas.

I having problems in compiling Xalan-C_1_4. The xerces include files are
those of
xerces-c-src2_2_0.

A few files compile ok and then make attempts to compile the files
located in the
PlatformSupport subdirectory  eg.

g++ -O -DNDEBUG      -Wall -fPIC -DLINUX -D_REENTRANT  -c -I.
-I/home/mt/xml/xerces-c-LINUX-cc-2_2_0/src/
-I/home/mt/xml/xerces-c-LINUX-cc-2_2_0/include/xercesc
-I/home/mt/xml/xerces-c-LINUX-cc-2_2_0/include/  -o
/home/mt/xml/xml-xalan/c/obj/AttributesImpl.o
PlatformSupport/AttributesImpl.cpp

Initial investigations point to a namespace problem. The xalan files
include the xerces 'includes'
but neglect to qualify the classes used  either  individually or  by
'using namespace'

1)   As is usual - Am I doing anything stupid
2)   Is there a later version of xalan that fixes this problem
3)   Is there an easy fix ?

Regards

Martin

martin.thomas@hatespam.beam.ltd.uk