Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jody Schofield <js...@ca.ibm.com> on 2004/07/22 17:36:36 UTC

SVGGraphics2DRuntimeException question

I'm trying to embedded one SVG DOM into the one created by the
SVGGraphics2D.  Everything seems to work fine for most embedded images.
However, for a few of them I'm getting an SVGGraphics2DRuntimeException
and the message is: Unable to write node of type
org.apache.batik.dom.GenericProcessingInstruction.

I assume that my serializer is having troubles with one of the nodes in
the embedded SVG (created from a 3rdParty app).  How can I tell which
instruction it doesn't like?  I can't seem to get any more info than the
message.

thanks,
Jody

Re: SVGGraphics2DRuntimeException question

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Jody,

    You might try using batik.dom.util.DOMUtilities.writeDocument.
It sounds like you are using batik.svggen.XmlWriter which is a little
skewed towards the type of output the SVGGraphics2D generates
(Which does not include Processing Instructions).  The interfaces
are almost identical.