Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Patrick Li <dr...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/03 14:10:56 UTC

Re: Constant Throughput Timer

OK, I think I get it now.  So, this should be independent of the number of
concurrent threads too I guess since the timer should "control" all the
active threads and put them on hold as needed in order to reach the desired
throughput?  i.e. 50 threads and 100 threads should make little or no
difference if I set a throughput which is achievable.

Regards

Liang

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 03/04/2010, Patrick Li <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I think I get it now.  So, this should be independent of the number of
>  concurrent threads too I guess since the timer should "control" all the
>  active threads and put them on hold as needed in order to reach the desired
>  throughput?  i.e. 50 threads and 100 threads should make little or no
>  difference if I set a throughput which is achievable.

Yes, that's correct. The number of threads is not all that important
so long as there are sufficient to generate enough load - and not so
many that they cause problems for the JMeter host.