Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by David Gradwell <da...@gradwell.com> on 2021/03/04 12:03:56 UTC

Single step debugging stopped working after renaming project !

Hi,

I created a new Maven java application project and refactor copied an existing package into it.

When I tried to debug, the normal step over button had the effect of “run” and when it stopped at a previously set breakpoint, the breakpoint code didn’t show.  See first screenshot.

Going to the call stack and my source code is hidden.  See second screen shot.

I cleared the cache directory but that did not help.

Does anyone have any ideas about what happened and how to recover ?  Did I accidentally click on some setting ?

Regards

David

[cid:image001.png@01D710EE.73408CB0]

[cid:image002.png@01D710EE.73408CB0]

Product Version: Apache NetBeans IDE 12.2

Java: 15.0.2; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 15.0.2+7

Runtime: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 15.0.2+7

System: Mac OS X version 11.2.2 running on aarch64; UTF-8; en_GB (nb)

User directory: /Users/davidjlgradwell/Library/Application Support/NetBeans/12.2

Cache directory: /Users/davidjlgradwell/Library/Caches/NetBeans/12.2

Re: Single step debugging stopped working after renaming project !

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.
Some things causing breakpoint problems I've run into recently
- Check that the name in the debugger's sources window matches the name
the project was opened under. Somtimes I have two ways to reference the
package directory, one is a windows mount; if the package was opened
under one name, and the debugger's sources window used the other name,
breakpoints didn't work.
- If there are sources in the maven repository, they can be used in
preference to the open project. Deleting sources in the maven repository
was needed. (this was with a gradle project, not sure how widespread it
might be)

-ernie

From: Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, 5 March 2021 at 00:49
To: David Gradwell <da...@gradwell.com>
Cc: "users@netbeans.apache.org" <us...@netbeans.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Single step debugging stopped working after renaming project !

Did you clean and rebuild before doing your debugging?

Or maybe there is a multiple threading issue (i.e. test thread and the actual code under test thread) coming in to play.

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com<ma...@gmail.com>

[cid:image001.png@01D711A0.5C3362B0]

[cid:image002.png@01D711A0.5C3362B0]