Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/06 13:45:17 UTC

[QA][Test Report] Weekly Status Update as of 20130906

Hi All,

We continue doing the AOO 4.0.1 showstopper defect verification this week,
here is the weekly update (09/02 - 09/06):

*Test execution*: we run PVT against AOO.4.0.1_r1518667 and compare to the
baseline  AOO4.0_r1503704 (the performance on XLS saving time is improved),
please see detail on separate PVT report
*
Defect summary:*
1. Defect verification(with flag 4.0.0_release_blocker+/?) : there are 27
bugs in backlog now, among of them, 5 are for translation, 8 are for code,
which need actions from native reporters and development, respectively
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=dorem&remaction=run&namedcmd=4.0.1_release_blocker%2B%3F&sharer_id=18&list_id=85231

Accomplished this week (only for Function UI)

Verified/Fixed    Reopened    Wait for build    Look for env/platform
New fixed/added in backlog
8    0    8    1    9

Backlog at end of this week

Total    L10N    Function Code    Function UI
27    5    8    14

*Issues & quality highlight:*
1. We cannot contain fixing bugs after Sep 6(the deadline of bugfix),
except defects related to Spreadsheet auto-filter
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=dorem&remaction=run&namedcmd=4.0.0_regression_confirmed&sharer_id=18&list_id=84503
2. The risk on defect verification is catabatic as 5 volunteers join this
work, however, it is sitll tight for more testing around the impact areas
after defect verification

*Volunteer status: *
1. 5 volunteers are on defect verification work for 4.0.1 showstopper
2. No volunteers are for left translation defects' verification
*
Plan for next week:*
1. Work with volunteers to verify showstopper defects (total 27)
2. Play more testing around the impact areas (e.g. Spreadsheet auto-filter)
3. Run GUI PVT against RC build when it is ready (scheduled on 09/14)

Thanks you all for effort this week, we are towards to the release
candidate of AOO 4.0.1, let's continue and make progress next week!

Regards,
Yu Zhen