Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/24 21:45:46 UTC

OpenEJB version to use for G2.2.2

Hey All,

I just took a look at OpenEJB's 3.1.x source tags and they stop at 3.1.4.

Geronimo 2.2.x is looking for 3.1.5-SNAPSHOT - but it looks like there
will never be a 3.1.5 final.

Does anyone know what version has the fixes we were using in
3.1.5-SNAPSHOT and would be backward compatible?  I could just go ahead
and try 3.2 but that feels like a big jump.

Jay

Re: OpenEJB version to use for G2.2.2

Posted by Trygve Sanne Hardersen <tr...@hypobytes.com>.
Hi,

The patch attached to GERONIMO-6217 uses 3.2-SNAPSHOT. This upgrade
involves changing the Java EE API which is used by other components, so you
can't just dump the version number.

The patch also contains many other changes, and unfortunately the OpenEJB
stuff can't be easily extracted. I'm hoping to get the patch split into
specific upgrades and applied to G 2.2 during march, but please go ahead
and have a look if you like.

Trygve