Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Abhijat Thakur <at...@bdnacorp.com> on 2002/07/25 02:54:14 UTC

We are moving from version 1.1 to 1.2 . My configuration file looks like

log4j.logger.com.bdna.rule=INFO,RULE_Appender
log4j.additivity.com.bdna.rule=false
log4j.appender.RULE_Appender=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.RULE_Appender.File=rule.log
log4j.appender.RULE_Appender.Append=true
log4j.appender.RULE_Appender.MaxFileSize=1000kb
log4j.appender.RULE_Appender.MaxBackupIndex=20
log4j.appender.RULE_Appender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.RULE_Appender.layout.ConversionPattern= [%t] %d %c{2}: %m%n

On system startup we load the confifuration file using PropertConfigurator Object by

PropertyConfigurator.configure(props) where props = Properties object contaning the configuration File

This is the error that i am getting when the above line of code runs

log4j:ERROR A "org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender" object is not assignable to a "org.apache.log4j.Appender" variable. log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "RULE_Appender".

Any idea whats going on here?

Thanks

abhijat