Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Chetan M <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/23 06:00:48 UTC

Able to train successfully "en-ner-person.bin" but could not able to run NameFinder.

Details

.         Type:Question Question

.         Status:Closed Closed

.         Priority:Minor Minor

.         Resolution:Not A Problem

.         Affects Version/s:tools-1.5.3

.         Fix Version/s:
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP/fixforversion/12319040>
tools-1.5.3

.         Component/s:
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP/component/12314118> Name
Finder

.         Labels:

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQue
ry=labels+%3D+newbie> newbie

.         Environment:

Windows Vista, Java, Eclipse

Description

Hi,

     I am new to openNLP and trying to execute a small program on name
finder and its training.

       Using Java program, i have created "en-ner-person.bin" file
successfully with custom UTF-8 .train file. No Errors has thrown.

But when we run sample Name finder java program, it doesn't throw any errors
and results. It's hanged with blank screen.

Please assist us how to make this training and sample name finder to execute
properly.

regards,
chetan.

---

Re: Able to train successfully "en-ner-person.bin" but could not able to run NameFinder.

Posted by James Kosin <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 12/23/2013 12:00 AM, Chetan M wrote:

>     Details
>
> ·*Type:*QuestionQuestion
>
> ·*Status:*ClosedClosed
>
> ·*Priority:*MinorMinor
>
> ·*Resolution:*Not A Problem
>
> ·*Affects Version/s:*tools-1.5.3
>
> ·*Fix Version/s:*tools-1.5.3
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP/fixforversion/12319040>
>
> ·*Component/s:*Name Finder
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP/component/12314118>
>
> ·*Labels:*
>
> onewbie
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=labels+%3D+newbie>
>
> ·*Environment:*
>
> Windows Vista, Java, Eclipse
>

>     Description
>
> Hi,
>
>      I am new to openNLP and trying to execute a small program on name
> finder and its training.
>
>        Using Java program, i have created "en-ner-person.bin" file
> successfully with custom UTF-8 .train file. No Errors has thrown.
>
> But when we run sample Name finder java program, it doesn't throw any
> errors and results. It's hanged with blank screen.
>
> Please assist us how to make this training and sample name finder to
> execute properly.
>
> regards,
> chetan.

Most likely usage,
You need to direct the input via the '<' operator on the command line.
e.g.:  opennlp NameFinder < input_file.txt

If not, then we need more information to know why it isn't working.
Please add the exact format and maybe if possible the command(s) you
used to train the data, how large of a training set.... etc.

James Kosin