Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Guillermo Cruz <gu...@slashdotmedia.com.INVALID> on 2022/06/07 19:08:33 UTC

[allura:tickets] #8437 Do Not Index Empty Blog and Discussion Forums

---

** [tickets:#8437] Do Not Index Empty Blog and Discussion Forums**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Tue Jun 07, 2022 07:08 PM UTC by Guillermo Cruz
**Last Updated:** Tue Jun 07, 2022 07:08 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Add a `robots` meta tag to set `noindex, follow` for these tools

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

[allura:tickets] #8437 Do Not Index Empty Blog and Discussion Forums

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Probably should check all the forums not just the first one, to be accurate.

And while we're doing this, lets look at when you click into a forum.  If the forum has no posts, then we should have a noindex at that level too I think.

---

** [tickets:#8437] Do Not Index Empty Blog and Discussion Forums**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Tue Jun 07, 2022 07:08 PM UTC by Guillermo Cruz
**Last Updated:** Thu Jun 09, 2022 06:36 PM UTC
**Owner:** Guillermo Cruz

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **status**: open --> closed

---

** [tickets:#8437] Do Not Index Empty Blog and Discussion Forums**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Tue Jun 07, 2022 07:08 PM UTC by Guillermo Cruz
**Last Updated:** Fri Jun 10, 2022 07:58 PM UTC
**Owner:** Guillermo Cruz

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **assigned_to**: Guillermo Cruz
- **Reviewer**: Dave Brondsema
- **Comment**:

For discussion forums, a common situation (e.g. if you install a new Discussion tool) is to have some `forums` but there are no posts in them.  I think we should check for that

---

Posted by Guillermo Cruz <gu...@slashdotmedia.com.INVALID>.
Oh yeah good catch. Added check for number of topics on forum :)

---

** [tickets:#8437] Do Not Index Empty Blog and Discussion Forums**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Tue Jun 07, 2022 07:08 PM UTC by Guillermo Cruz
**Last Updated:** Thu Jun 09, 2022 03:36 PM UTC
**Owner:** Guillermo Cruz

Posted by Guillermo Cruz <gu...@slashdotmedia.com.INVALID>.
That makes a lot of sense. I overlooked checking all forum topics not just the first. Should look good now.
Also added a checked inside the topic page to add `noindex, follow` if there's no threads.

---

** [tickets:#8437] Do Not Index Empty Blog and Discussion Forums**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Tue Jun 07, 2022 07:08 PM UTC by Guillermo Cruz
**Last Updated:** Thu Jun 09, 2022 09:51 PM UTC
**Owner:** Guillermo Cruz