Posted to users@solr.apache.org by seez <sh...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/19 15:48:00 UTC

Re: Atomic update wrongly deletes child documents

Andreas,

Do your nested documents contain only dynamic fields? I am on 8.6.3 and I
ran into this exact same issue. However in my case, even after disabling
catch-all dynamic field, I still see the child documents getting deleted.

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Re: Atomic update wrongly deletes child documents

Posted by Srijan <sh...@gmail.com>.
Yup, that definitely is a bug. My problem was different. Of the
'not-reading-the-documentation-thoroughly' variety. I was indexing nested
docs anonymously which unfortunately does not create the necessary pseudo
fields to track parent-child relationships. And which was causing the child
documents to be removed during atomic updates.

Thanks,
Seez

Posted by Andreas Hubold <an...@coremedia.com>.

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
Also, the interaction of atomic updates with update request processors is not documented.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.