Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk> on 2004/06/29 05:50:06 UTC

Priorities for Axis C++ 1.3 Release

Hi All,

Lets discuss the priorities of tasks for Axis C++ 1.3. As a start I
would like to point out following tasks in order. High priority tasks
first,

1.	The real XML Pull parser integration (txpp)
*         When the existing txpp parser is improved to handle namespaces
we can use it in Axis. No need to implement the type conversion layer
initially because Axis already has the type conversion routines
*         There are some other volunteers to take up some of these work
2.	Libwww transport layer and chunking support in the existing
transport layer
*         This work will also improve/write transport layers to support
SWA at the same phase
3.	Improve 2 apache modules to support http chunking (I think
receiving is already done by apache. We need to improve it for sending)
4.	STL elimination
5.	RPC/Literal support
6.	Soap with attachments.

IMO tasks 1-4 are set high priority because they will bring Axis C++ to
be the fastest open source SOAP engine (the fact that increases the
customer base).

I will add the other tasks when the discussion thread goes on.

What do you think ? Lets discuss and set goals.

Thanks,

Susantha

Lanka Software Foundation

Re: Priorities for Axis C++ 1.3 Release

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
"Susantha Kumara" <su...@opensource.lk> writes:

> > We can rename it from txpp(types xml pull parser) to
> > tspp(typed soap pull parser) or tpps(typed pull paresr for soap)
> >

> Yes this is a good idea. Some of the SOAP engines use SOAP optimized XML
> parsers to acheive performance. So we can use txpp parser for Axis first
> and then make it generic later.

+1.

Since this is totally independent of Axis/C++ now (thanks to the
parser abstraction layer) this is just another parser (and
optional) .. so the main work items for 1.3 don't get directly
affected by it.

Sanjiva.

Problem with SOAP Fault Hadling

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Damitha,
    I have a problem with SOAP fault.

    When my client receives the fault, it segfaults.
    I am working on Linux with Xerces parser.

    Here is the SOAP response that I get:
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 02:47:42 GMT

Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

Connection: close

263

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <soapenv:Body>
  <soapenv:Fault>
   <faultstring>org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The value of the attribute
&quot;prefix=&quot;xmlns&quot;,localpart=&quot;ns2&quot;,rawname=&quot;xmlns:ns2&quot;&quot; is
invalid. Prefixed namespace bindings may not be empty.</faultstring>
   <detail/>
  </soapenv:Fault>
 </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

0

Here is the request that I sent:
POST /axis/services/echo HTTP/1.1

Host: 127.0.0.1

SOAPAction: "base#echoString"

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><SOAP-ENV:Header><ns2:TestHeader
Password</password></Credentials></ns2:TestHeader><ns3:TestHeader2
xmlns:ns3="http://ws.apache.org/axisCppTest/"><Credentials2><username>Test
User</username><password>Test
Password</password></Credentials2></ns3:TestHeader2></SOAP-ENV:Header><SOAP-ENV:Body><ns1:echoString
xmlns:ns1="http://soapinterop.org/"><inputString xsi:type="xsd:string">hello
world</inputString></ns1:echoString></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Please note that I sent an invalid header to the server purposely to get a SOAP fault for test
purposes.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Samisa...

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Priorities for Axis C++ 1.3 Release

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.
On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 16:23, damitha kumarage wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 15:42, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> > As more and more people are interested in interop it is important to focus on aspects related to
> > interop as well.

Yes. This is a long term process that we have to carry out through out
next releases.

> > Some of the areas of improvement would be:
> > 1. xsd:any support - Elements must have inner complex types, avoid unbounded types, no schema
> > references etc.

I think deciding the DOM model for this is more important.

> > 2. Accepting SOAP messages containing href
> > 3. Encoding used for char* (UTF8, UTF16)

Thanks Samisa I will add these too to the list of tasks.

> > 4. Array declaration should interop with .NET and Axis Java

Please explain this item. What is your alternative suggestion to replace
the existing axis defined arrays ?.

> > BTW: I think before integrating txpp to Axis C++, txpp itself has to be developed, and verified to
> > work. I think it will be a good idea to make txpp a seperate project, rathe than making it part of
> > Axis C++

After the parser abstraction its easy to develop and plug in the parser
to Axis without affecting the Axis code. The txpp developer can work on
it even without any knowladge on Axis code.

> What do you mean by making txpp a seperate project?
> Clearly the development thread can be seperated from the Axis C++
> development process. Yet I think txpp need not be a general pull parser.
> It can be optimized as a soap parser(not really a general xml pull
> parser). Initially it could be bound to Axis C++ requirements.

I totally agree.

> We could avoid DTD support?.

Yes by droping DTD/Schema support we reduce lots of work for the moment.

Resolving class name conflicts (for Axis c++ 1.3)

Posted by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Since this task did not get done for Axis c++ 1.2 we should incorporate this
to Axis c++ 1.3.
Please refer to the previous thread and join in the discussion.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-c-dev&m=108254193808152&w=2

Current idea is to have namespaces for the C++ stuff.

sanjaya.

Re: Priorities for Axis C++ 1.3 Release

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
--- damitha kumarage <da...@opensource.lk> wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 15:42, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> > As more and more people are interested in interop it is important to focus on aspects related
> > interop as well.
> >
> > Some of the areas of improvement would be:
> > 1. xsd:any support - Elements must have inner complex types, avoid unbounded types, no schema
> > references etc.
> > 2. Accepting SOAP messages containing href
> > 3. Encoding used for char* (UTF8, UTF16)
> > 4. Array declaration should interop with .NET and Axis Java
> >
> > BTW: I think before integrating txpp to Axis C++, txpp itself has to be developed, and
> verified to
> > work. I think it will be a good idea to make txpp a seperate project, rathe than making it
> part of
> > Axis C++
> What do you mean by making txpp a seperate project?
> Clearly the development thread can be seperated from the Axis C++
> development process. Yet I think txpp need not be a general pull parser.

That is exactly what I meant by seperate project.

Samisa...

Posted by damitha kumarage <da...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.