Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/03/22 20:00:09 UTC

[Tomcat Wiki] Update of "TomcatTrackNA10_PMC_Sessions" by funkman

Dear Wiki user,

The "TomcatTrackNA10_PMC_Sessions" page has been changed by funkman.
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/TomcatTrackNA10_PMC_Sessions?action=diff&rev1=11&rev2=12

   . Jason is a co-author of Tomcat: The Definitive Guide, now in its second edition, and has been using Tomcat and contributing to the Apache Tomcat project for over ten years. As a Debian Java committer, Jason works on the Debian and Ubuntu Tomcat 6 package. Jason is a Software Architect at MuleSoft, working on the Tcat Server product.

+
+ ==== Introduction to Apache Tomcat 7 ====
+ By Tim Funk:
+  . Apache Tomcat 7 is the latest version of Tomcat products. In this talk, we will overview the new features in Tomcat 7. We will highlight Servlet 3.0 features and how they apply to Tomcat, deprecations which are now gone versus Tomcat 6, and mention features still in common with Tomcat 6.
+
+  . Tim Funk has been a Tomcat user for over 7 years and committer since 2003. Tim currently resides in Pennsylvania and works for Armstrong World Industries performing a range of roles, enjoying the role of developer the most. Tim has a Masters of Software Engineering from Penn State.
+