Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/13 11:20:31 UTC

We should remove http://aries.apache.org/downloads/*

Hi all,

The following pages are terribly out of date and misleading:
* http://aries.apache.org/downloads/currentrelease.html
* http://aries.apache.org/downloads/testresults.html
* http://aries.apache.org/downloads/archived-releases.html

All the Aries releases these days are done directly to Maven and
nobody seems to be updating the above pages so I think we should
remove them.

It would be nice to replace them with an overview page where some
high-level of information can be found around the various Aries
modules, but I guess this can also be done on the modules section...

David

Re: We should remove http://aries.apache.org/downloads/*

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <jp...@gmail.com>.
I agree, something should be done. Apache Felix seem to have an up to date
downloads page. Is that automated in some sense? They have a large number
of subprojects like us, so it would be good to do something similar.