Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Lisa Basile <lb...@ll.mit.edu> on 2001/08/20 22:20:47 UTC

org.apache.jetspeed.calendar.properties.XProp

I am working on a project at MIT Lincoln Laboratory and we have a need to be
able to set the -name resource (an X property) for a Java application.

It looks to me like the setPropertyName method in icalendar.properties.XProp
does just that.  I'm having trouble getting XProp.java to compile because it
relies on so many other things.

Do you have an icalendar.jar file that I can add to my classpath?  Then in my
program I can import org.apache.icalendar.properties.XProp;
I can then do
IProp prop = new IProp(name, val);
prop.setPropertyName(newNameString);

I'm hoping that this will set the -name resource to whatever is in newNameString
when I launch my java application.

Please let me know if setPropertyName will accomplish what I am describing and
if you have an icalendar.jar file.

Thanks,

Lisa Basile
Assistant Staff
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
781.981.2153

Re: org.apache.jetspeed.calendar.properties.XProp

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
Lisa Basile wrote:

>I am working on a project at MIT Lincoln Laboratory and we have a need to be
>able to set the -name resource (an X property) for a Java application.
>
>It looks to me like the setPropertyName method in icalendar.properties.XProp
>does just that.  I'm having trouble getting XProp.java to compile because it
>relies on so many other things.

I don't think so. This file implements vCalendar data structures.

>Do you have an icalendar.jar file that I can add to my classpath?  Then in my
>program I can import org.apache.icalendar.properties.XProp;
>I can then do
>IProp prop = new IProp(name, val);
>prop.setPropertyName(newNameString);
>
>I'm hoping that this will set the -name resource to whatever is in newNameString
>when I launch my java application.
>
>Please let me know if setPropertyName will accomplish what I am describing and
>if you have an icalendar.jar file.

Java is a cross platform environment and, as far as I know, there is no
direct way to do what you are trying to do. I don't know much about X
properties.

>Thanks,

Sorry for not being helpful.