Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tuan Quan <tu...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/10 23:42:56 UTC

Tomcat 6 and IIS 7

Hi all,
I have a problem getting both Tomcat 6 (running on port 80) and IIS 7 (also, on port 80 - But different IP address)
The server has two IP addresses.
and I'd like to dedicate each IP to Tomcat and IIS.
I'm able to assign Tomcat to only ONE IP address.
Then went to IIS 7 to bind it to the other IP address - however, once Tomcat started, IIS 7 does not work - even though I specifically set it to listen to a different IP than the Tomcat.
Any idea would be very appreciated.

Thanks.
Tuan

RE: Tomcat 6 and IIS 7

Posted by Jeffrey Janner <Je...@PolyDyne.com>.
Tuan -
What where your expected results on the netstats?
Please post the results of each (all port 80 lines).
The one you list below is the "any address" bind for IPv6.  You may only be forcing config on IPv4, and that is causing the issue.
I don't run an IIS7 here, so I can't tell how to force an IPv6 address along with an IPv4 address, but that might be what you are looking for.
Also, check to be sure that Tomcat isn't binding to the "any" IPv6 address.  Any <Connector> without an address parameter will bind to the "any" address.
Jeff

Posted by Peter Crowther <pe...@melandra.com>.
2009/12/15 Tuan Quan <tu...@yahoo.com>

> However, then Tomcat stop, and IIS start, running netstat -an got below:
> TCP    [::]:80                [::]:0                 LISTENING
>
> Even though, I set IIS to bind to one IP, run IE on the machine to both IP
> addresses gave me IIS page.
>
> OK, there's your problem.  I don't know IIS7 very well, but I would expect
a solution to exist for that issue.  It's an IIS issue, so I suspect this
list won't be much more help to you.

If you have more than one site on IIS7, I'd check them all just to make sure
you don't have one bound to all IPs.  However, I suspect you've already done
that!

- Peter

Re: Tomcat 6 and IIS 7

Posted by Tuan Quan <tu...@yahoo.com>.