Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Siveton <vs...@apache.org> on 2008/07/12 13:16:10 UTC

[Discuss] Improve doc template by including releases notes

Hi,

Preparing the release of MPIR, I would like to include a release note
item in the overview template [1]. This release note could be similar
to [2] or directly a link to jira. WDYT?

Cheers,

Vincent

[1] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+Plugin+Documentation
[2] http://maven.apache.org/release-notes.html

Re: [Discuss] Improve doc template by including releases notes

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2008/7/12, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>:
> Are you saying that you want to include the release notes on this page:
>

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-project-info-reports-plugin/

Directly in the site.xml in the overview part, for instance:

Overview
    * Introduction
    * Goals
    * Usage
    * Release Notes

>  IMO it would be better to set up a JIRA report for it using Maven Changes
> Plugin. It would look something like this:
>

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/jira-report.html

It is a third possible solution. In summary, we could have:
- creating (and maintaining) a given release-notes.apt
- adding a link to jira.codehaus.org
- configuring changes plugin and add a link to jira-report.html

+1 for changes plugin.

Cheers,

Vincent

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.