Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Oscar <os...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/16 21:34:58 UTC

Question about PrepareInterceptor and Preparable

Hi to all. I'm developing a Struts 2 application and i create an
interceptor to initialize values and to validate user login. I want to
load a list to jsp to populate a s:select so i implemented the
Preparable interface in my action, and the method prepare(), so i type
the code in this method to get the list from DB. For that i supposed
that my custom interceptor will execute before the prepare method
because in my interceptor i initialize my connection that i use on
prepare(), but perpare() executes before that, so it gives me a
NullPointerException.

Then i googled about it and i found something about PrepareInterceptor,
so i defined in my interceptor stack after my own interceptor, like this:

<interceptor-stack name="appInteceptors">
<interceptor-ref name="initializeInterceptor" />
                <interceptor-ref name="prepare" />
                <!--<interceptor-ref name="permissionsInterceptor" />-->
                <interceptor-ref name="defaultStack" />
</interceptor-stack>

But it doesn't work, because i tought that with the order change my
interceptor will execute before than action's prepare() method, but don't.

Somebody knows how to execute prepare() after a custom interceptor
execution?

Re: Question about PrepareInterceptor and Preparable

Posted by Oscar <os...@gmail.com>.
Chris Pratt escribió:
> Did you either set your appInterceptors stack to be the default stack, or
> define the actions you're testing with to use the appInterceptors stack
> explicitly?  Otherwise, you're actually just using the defaultStack.
>   (*Chris*)
>
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 12:34 PM, Oscar <os...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi to all. I'm developing a Struts 2 application and i create an
>> interceptor to initialize values and to validate user login. I want to load
>> a list to jsp to populate a s:select so i implemented the Preparable
>> interface in my action, and the method prepare(), so i type the code in this
>> method to get the list from DB. For that i supposed that my custom
>> interceptor will execute before the prepare method because in my interceptor
>> i initialize my connection that i use on prepare(), but perpare() executes
>> before that, so it gives me a NullPointerException.
>>
>> Then i googled about it and i found something about PrepareInterceptor, so
>> i defined in my interceptor stack after my own interceptor, like this:
>>
>> <interceptor-stack name="appInteceptors">
>> <interceptor-ref name="initializeInterceptor" />
>>               <interceptor-ref name="prepare" />
>>               <!--<interceptor-ref name="permissionsInterceptor" />-->
>>               <interceptor-ref name="defaultStack" />
>> </interceptor-stack>
>>
>> But it doesn't work, because i tought that with the order change my
>> interceptor will execute before than action's prepare() method, but don't.
>>
>> Somebody knows how to execute prepare() after a custom interceptor
>> execution?

> Well Chris, you're right, i didn't realize that i don't specified my action to use that interceptor stack, i've been specified a default stack for all the package but in some moment i deleted it and i don't see that
Thanks and sorry for that.

Re: Question about PrepareInterceptor and Preparable

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.