Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com> on 2015/08/31 23:42:51 UTC

Hive User Group Meeting Singapore

Dear Hive users,

Hive community is considering a user group meeting during Hadoop World that
will be held in Singarpore [1] Dec 1-3, 2015. As I understand, this will be
the first time that this meeting ever happens in Asia Pacific even though
there is a large user base in that region. As another good news, the
conference organiser is able to provide the venue for this meeting.

However, before I set up a meetup event here [2] to formally announce this,
I'd like to check if there is enough interest from the user community. At
the same time, I will also need to solicit talks from users as well as
developers. Thus, please also let me know if you like to give a short talk.

Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Xuefu

[1] http://strataconf.com/big-data-conference-sg-2015
[2] http://www.meetup.com/Hive-User-Group-Meeting/