Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Vincent <pi...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/03 11:40:49 UTC

Re: Ode.war; persistency with MySQL using BEA Weblogic Server

Re Alex, Matthieu,

1) Thanks for having made me remind I forgot to specify the hardware I used ;o)
I am working on a PC workstation - Pentium IV 2.8 Ghz - 2 GB RAM -
Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm / 8.5ms - Win XP SP2 Pro.
While running the tests, only WLS and MySQL were running, plus 2 or 3
other softwares such as MySQL monitor or Windows Explorer.
So I do think that neither the hardware not the software can be blamed
for the results.

2) Except the changes I listed in my previous email, I did not modify
anything to the ODE persistency mechanism. So I do think that OpenJPA
was used.
I attached to this email a zip file (mysql_queries.zip) containing the
db traces collected while deploying and running the BPEL process,
either in "in-memory" mode or "persisting" one.
You'll notice that the request as well as the answer are persisted,
but also a lot of events (I think that's what Matthieu was "looking
for") / serialized java objects.
NB: I can not publicly disclose the BPEL process that was used, sorry.

===============

As requested, I opened a JIRA issue to post the WLSFactory, see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-216.

Regards,

Vincent

Re: Ode.war; persistency with MySQL using BEA Weblogic Server

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Hi Vincent,

Following your tests, Matthieu made some changes/optimizations in the
OpenJPA persistence to avoid some table scans.  So you should see
performance improvements in your test when using the latest 1.1-branch code.

Depending on your requirements, you may also consider tweaking event
generation (
http://ode.apache.org/user-guide.html#UserGuide-ODEExecutionEvents) to
reduce the amount of data written to the database.

alex