Posted to pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org by Jeff Breidenbach <je...@jab.org> on 2014/08/17 03:49:44 UTC

add multithread indexing sample?

Does it make sense to add a multithreaded indexing example to the
samples directory? Mike McCandles has such fun graphs, and it would be
fun to chase them in python.

http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2011/05/265-indexing-speedup-with-lucenes.html

Re: add multithread indexing sample?

Posted by Jeff Breidenbach <je...@jab.org>.
Does it make sense to add a multithreaded indexing
example to the samples directory? Michael McCandless
makes such fun graphs, and it would be fun to chase

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 16 Aug 2014, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:

> Does it make sense to add a multithreaded indexing example to the
> samples directory? Mike McCandles has such fun graphs, and it would be
> fun to chase them in python.
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2011/05/265-indexing-speedup-with-lucenes.html

+1 !

Andi..

Re: add multithread indexing sample?

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.
> On Aug 18, 2014, at 21:08, Jeff Breidenbach <je...@jab.org> wrote:
>
> Sounds like we are all members of the "no idea how to do it" club.

You can look at the test_PyLuceneThread.py file in the test directory to get an example on how to use threads with PyLucene.

Andi..

Re: add multithread indexing sample?

Posted by Jeff Breidenbach <je...@jab.org>.

Posted by Bill Janssen <ja...@parc.com>.
Jeff Breidenbach <je...@jab.org> wrote:

> Does it make sense to add a multithreaded indexing example to the
> samples directory? Mike McCandles has such fun graphs, and it would be
> fun to chase them in python.
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2011/05/265-indexing-speedup-with-lucenes.html

Go for it, Jeff!

Bill