Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2011/03/09 00:22:53 UTC

Re: dataimport

: INFO: Creating a connection for entity id with URL:
: jdbc:mysql://localhost/researchsquare_beta_library?characterEncoding=UTF8&zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull
: Feb 24, 2011 8:58:25 PM org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource$1
: call
: INFO: Time taken for getConnection(): 137
: Killed
:
: So it looks like for whatever reason, the server crashes trying to do a full
: import. When I add a LIMIT clause on the query, it works fine when the LIMIT
: is only 250 records but if I try to do 500 records, I get the same message.

...wow.  that's ... weird.

I've never seen a java process just log "Killed" like that.

The only time i've ever seen a process log "Killed" is if it was
terminated by the os (ie: "kill -9 <pid>")

What OS are you using? how are you running solr? (ie: are you using the
simple jetty example "java -jar start.jar" or are you using a differnet
servlet container?) ... are you absolutely certain your machine doens't
have some sort of monitoring in place that kills jobs if they take too
long, or use too much CPU?

-Hoss

Re: dataimport

Posted by Adam Estrada <es...@gmail.com>.
Brian,

I had the same problem a while back and set the JAVA_OPTS env variable
to something my machine could handle. That may also be an option for
you going forward.

Adam

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Brian Lamb

Re: dataimport

Posted by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com>.