Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Olaf Geibig <ol...@web.de> on 2002/12/05 13:05:27 UTC

[GENERAL] ACE is out (a bit OT)

ACE is out. A J2EE code generator.

http://research.sun.com/ace

What a perspective for a OSS based solution for eBusiness, if OJB's JDO
implementation is finished and stable: ACE + OJB + JBoss.

But as a developer I find it a bit scary, too. A complete 3-tier
enterprise software generated... what shall we work on then? They say
that with ACE they could generate sun's sample J2EE application known as
the "Java Pet Store" from just 224 lines of code while the original Pet
Store has 14,273 lines of code.
http://research.sun.com/projects/ace/petstore.html

Or is it just a marketing bubble in order to face Microsoft's
competetive .NET implementation of Pet Store?

Anyway, but it's fascinating.

/phunkhy