Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/05 07:59:08 UTC

Maintaining client transports

Hi all,
    Cookie based session maintanace is now available for client side and it works only with axis2
transport.
    May be I could update LibWWW transport to deal with sessions later. (infact it is only about
capturing the Set-Cookie HTTP header - The rest of the logic is at Stub level)

    I do not have plans to update the old axis transport. Considering the number of bugs we have
in old axis transport and that the new axis2 transport seems to be stable, I think it is better to
remove old axis transport from 1.4 for the sake of maintanace (and size of distribution).

Thanks,
Samisa...

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com

Re: Maintaining client transports

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.
+1

Roshan

Posted by Fred Preston <PR...@uk.ibm.com>.

+1

Regards,

Fred Preston.
Software Engineer

                      damitha@opensourc
                      e.lk                     To:       "Apache AXIS C Developers List" <ax...@ws.apache.org>
                                               cc:
                      08/11/04 05:42           Subject:  Re: Maintaining client transports
                      Please respond to
                      "Apache AXIS C
                      Developers List"

Hi Samisa,
Removing the old tranport from the cvs is ok with me.

thanks
damitha

Posted by da...@opensource.lk.

Re: Removing old axis transport [WAS:Re: Maintaining client transports]

Posted by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk>.
+1 to remove the old transport. please inform when you do remove it.

sanjaya.
Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Andrew Perry2 <PE...@uk.ibm.com>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Done Today!

Samisa...

John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

+1 for removing old transport.

ohn Hawkins

Samisa Abeysinghe
e@yahoo.com> To
axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
05/11/2004 06:59 cc

Subject
Please respond to Maintaining client transports
"Apache AXIS C
Developers List"