Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by 菅沼 嘉一 <yo...@waku-2.com> on 2013/05/27 15:09:54 UTC

sourceId of JMX

Hello

Our team faced the problem regarding the sourceId of JMX when getting the information of JMX from tomcat manager.

Command:
curl http://localhost:${PORT}/manager/jmxproxy?qry=solr:type=documentCache,*

Here is the error log (tomcat/manager log).
2013/05/27 0:04:01 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
JMXProxy: Error getting attribute solr:type=documentCache,id=org.apache.solr.search.LRUCache sourceId javax.management.AttributeNotFoundException: sourceId

Solr ver. : 4.1.0

I think this error comes from when JMX cannot get the sourceId.

BTW Let's look at this issue.

It is decided to drop getSourceId() in this issue.

But in org.apache.solr.core.JmxMonitoredMap.SolrDynamicMBean, staticStats.add("sourceId") is still defined in SolrDynamicMBean at L211.

http://javasourcecode.org/html/open-source/solr/solr-3.3.0/org/apache/solr/core/JmxMonitoredMap.SolrDynamicMBean.java.html#line.202
--------------------------------------
l.211      staticStats.add("sourceId");
--------------------------------------

Maybe this error comes from this inconsistency.
This problem is not critical, but I think this is inconsistent.

1. Anyone knows why staticStats.add("sourceId") still remained in SolrDynamicMBean?
Do you have any idea?

2. Has anyone faced such error ? How did you solved it?

Thank you.

Regards
suganuma

RE: sourceId of JMX

Posted by 菅沼 嘉一 <yo...@waku-2.com>.
Thank you, Shalin.

Re: sourceId of JMX

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Suganuma,

No, there shouldn't be any side effects.

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 7:13 AM, 菅沼 嘉一 <yo...@waku-2.com> wrote:

> Shalin,
>
> We tried use it after removing staticStats.add("sourceId"), it seems going
> with no problem.
> Do you know any other side effects by removing it ?
>
> Regards
> suganuma

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

RE: sourceId of JMX

Posted by 菅沼 嘉一 <yo...@waku-2.com>.
Shalin,

RE: sourceId of JMX

Posted by 菅沼 嘉一 <yo...@waku-2.com>.
Thank you, Shalin.
I'll see it.

Re: sourceId of JMX

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4863

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar <
shalinmangar@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a bug. The sourceId should have been removed from the
> SolrDynamicMBean. I'll create an issue.
>

> On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 6:39 PM, 菅沼 嘉一 <yo...@waku-2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Our team faced the problem regarding the sourceId of JMX when getting the
>> information of JMX from tomcat manager.
>>
>> Command:
>> curl http://localhost:
>> ${PORT}/manager/jmxproxy?qry=solr:type=documentCache,*
>>
>> Here is the error log (tomcat/manager log).

>> 2013/05/27 0:04:01 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
>> JMXProxy: Error getting attribute
>> solr:type=documentCache,id=org.apache.solr.search.LRUCache sourceId
>> javax.management.AttributeNotFoundException: sourceId

>> Solr ver. : 4.1.0
>>
>> I think this error comes from when JMX cannot get the sourceId.
>>

>> BTW Let's look at this issue.
>>
>> It is decided to drop getSourceId() in this issue.
>>
>> But in org.apache.solr.core.JmxMonitoredMap.SolrDynamicMBean,
>> staticStats.add("sourceId") is still defined in SolrDynamicMBean at L211.
>>

>> http://javasourcecode.org/html/open-source/solr/solr-3.3.0/org/apache/solr/core/JmxMonitoredMap.SolrDynamicMBean.java.html#line.202
>> --------------------------------------
>> l.211      staticStats.add("sourceId");
>> --------------------------------------
>>
>> Maybe this error comes from this inconsistency.
>> This problem is not critical, but I think this is inconsistent.
>>
>> 1. Anyone knows why staticStats.add("sourceId") still remained in
>> SolrDynamicMBean?
>> Do you have any idea?
>>
>> 2. Has anyone faced such error ? How did you solved it?
>>

>> Thank you.
>>
>> Regards
>> suganuma
>>

> --
> Regards,
> Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: sourceId of JMX

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
This is a bug. The sourceId should have been removed from the
SolrDynamicMBean. I'll create an issue.

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 6:39 PM, 菅沼 嘉一 <yo...@waku-2.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Our team faced the problem regarding the sourceId of JMX when getting the
> information of JMX from tomcat manager.
>
> Command:
> curl http://localhost:
> ${PORT}/manager/jmxproxy?qry=solr:type=documentCache,*
>
> Here is the error log (tomcat/manager log).
> 2013/05/27 0:04:01 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> JMXProxy: Error getting attribute
> solr:type=documentCache,id=org.apache.solr.search.LRUCache sourceId
> javax.management.AttributeNotFoundException: sourceId
>
> Solr ver. : 4.1.0
>
> I think this error comes from when JMX cannot get the sourceId.
>

> BTW Let's look at this issue.
>
> It is decided to drop getSourceId() in this issue.
>
> But in org.apache.solr.core.JmxMonitoredMap.SolrDynamicMBean,
> staticStats.add("sourceId") is still defined in SolrDynamicMBean at L211.
>

> http://javasourcecode.org/html/open-source/solr/solr-3.3.0/org/apache/solr/core/JmxMonitoredMap.SolrDynamicMBean.java.html#line.202
> --------------------------------------
> l.211      staticStats.add("sourceId");
> --------------------------------------
>
> Maybe this error comes from this inconsistency.
> This problem is not critical, but I think this is inconsistent.
>
> 1. Anyone knows why staticStats.add("sourceId") still remained in
> SolrDynamicMBean?
> Do you have any idea?
>
> 2. Has anyone faced such error ? How did you solved it?
>

> Thank you.
>
> Regards
> suganuma

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.