Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com> on 2015/05/18 20:36:25 UTC

[Discuss] PCA - Log Event Publishing to BAM

Hi,

I've fixed and tested the $subject in the Python Cartridge Agent. Now when
the following parameters are set in the agent.conf configuration file, the
LogPublisher job will be activated, which will scan the specified logs
every 1 second and publish each entry as a Thrift event to the specified
thrift receiver.

enable.data.publisher                 =true
monitoring.server.ip                  =localhost
monitoring.server.port                =7611
monitoring.server.secure.port         =7711
monitoring.server.admin.username      =admin
monitoring.server.admin.password      =admin
log.file.paths
=/home/chamilad/dev/wso2esb-4.8.1/repository/logs/wso2carbon.log

I have verified the functionality using the Integration test for the PCA.
When verifying the VM and the Kubernetes end-to-end scenario, this
functionality can be again tested for any unseen edge cases. I used a
standalone WSO2 BAM server as the monitoring server. However, any Thrift
receiver can be used as the publishing endpoint for Log publishing.

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com

Re: [Discuss] PCA - Log Event Publishing to BAM

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.
Thanks, for the clarification!

Regards,
Mariangela

*--*
*Mariangela Hills*
PMC Member & Committer of Apache Stratos
Senior Technical Writer
WSO2, Inc.
lean.enterprise.middleware.
m: +94 773 500185
w: http://wso2.com
<http://wso2.com/events/>

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi Mary,

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Thanks for the info Chamila!

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi Raj,

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi Mary,

A few notes on the documentation page on Log publishing.

   - Let's put the location of the agent.conf file as
   <PYTHON_CARTRIDGE_AGENT_HOME>/agent.conf. The location mentioned is the
   location in the source code.
   - Minor typo - "This actives" to "This activates"
   - Let's also mention that multiple log files can be specified as "|"
   separated values.
   - The Java Cartridge Agent also has this functionality. The parameters
   to specify are in <JAVA_CARTRIDGE_AGENT_HOME>/bin/stratos.sh (same
   parameter names).
   - Specifying the parameters is done in Puppet's base.pp file (for the VM
   scenario) and in the Cartridge definition (for the Kubernetes workflow).

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Great work Chamila!

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.