Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Danny Bols <db...@osirion.be> on 2003/11/12 12:59:58 UTC

Woody and Flow Script

Hello,

I am using Cocoon 2.1.2 (not the CVS version) and I ran into some questions
related to using woody with flow script. Here they are:

1. How can I access the woody form object from within my xsp page when using
flowscript (the form object is not availble anymore in the request)?

2. How can I fill the key/value pairs of a selection list based upon the
values available in a business object?

---

Danny

RE: Woody and Flow Script

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Danny Bols dijo:
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> I like the FlowJXPathSelectionListBuilder solution but I it's not
> available
> in my Cocoon 2.1.2 :-(.
> Any idea if it will be shipped with the new upcoming release?

Yep. 2.1.3 is programmed for tomorrow release.

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Woody and Flow Script

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Danny Bols wrote:
> Any idea if it will be shipped with the new upcoming release?

Of course it will.

	Ugo

Re: Woody and Flow Script

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Danny Bols wrote:
> I am using the Cocoon 2.1.3. / Woody release now but the
> FlowJXPathSelectionListBuilder doesn't work. I tried the example which can
> be found in the API...but...No Errors...No Logging....and no combo box :-(

I haven't tried to retype verbatim the example in the API, but the
"countryselector" sample
<http://localhost:8888/samples/woody/countryselector> works for me.

	Ugo (who ha just realized he didn't link the sample from the samples page).

RE: Woody and Flow Script

Posted by Danny Bols <d....@skynet.be>.
I tracked my selection list problem in woody a bit further down and it looks
as if the following code in the StaticSelectionList is causing the problem:

            if (label != null) {
                interpreter.recycle();
                interpreter.setContentHandler(contentHandler);
                interpreter.deserialize(label);
            } else {
                contentHandler.characters(stringValue.toCharArray(), 0,
stringValue.length());
            }

Changing my flowscript code
from   selectionList.addItem("AL", "Alabama");
to       selectionList.addItem("AL", null);
bypasses the above "interpreter" code and causes my flowscript example to
work.

Hope this helps tracking down the selection list problem.

--
Danny

RE: Woody and Flow Script

Posted by Danny Bols <db...@osirion.be>.
Hello,

RE: Woody and Flow Script

Posted by Danny Bols <db...@osirion.be>.

Re: Woody and Flow Script

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/datatype/FlowJXPathSelectionListBuilder.java?rev=HEAD

Re: Woody and Flow Script

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Danny Bols dijo:
> 2. How can I fill the key/value pairs of a selection list based upon the
> values available in a business object?

Hi:

We use 2 internal pipeline to address this:

<!-- Flow to generate XML docs to fill combos -->
<map:match pattern="*.combo">
  <map:call function="{1}Combo"/>
</map:match>

<!-- Combo data in Woody format -->
<map:match pattern="*Combo-data">
  <map:generate type="jx" src="forms/combo/{1}.xml"/>
 <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

The flow is:

function auth_resourceCombo() {
    var factory = cocoon.getComponent(Packages.o.a.c...JdoPMF.ROLE);
    var bean = new Packages.test.Auth_resourceList();
    var handler = new Packages.test.Auth_resourceHandler();
    handler.getList(bean, factory);
    cocoon.sendPage("auth_resourceCombo-data", {"bean": bean});
    cocoon.releaseComponent(factory);
}

In woody we write:

<wd:selection-list src="cocoon:/auth_resource.combo" dynamic="true"/>

The handler is a java class that use OJB.

Hope this help. :-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

RE: Woody and Flow Script

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
From: Danny Bols

> I am using Cocoon 2.1.2 (not the CVS version) and I ran into
> some questions related to using woody with flow script. Here they are:
>
> 1. How can I access the woody form object from within my xsp
> page when using flowscript (the form object is not availble
> anymore in the request)?

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/jpath.html

HTH

--