Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by buddyhbase hbase <bu...@outlook.com> on 2016/07/18 10:34:46 UTC

Re: Running Hbase java tests under “test” folder for specific/remote hbase server(hbase 1.2.1)

Awaiting your help here, Thanks.

Posted by Dima Spivak <ds...@cloudera.com>.
Hello,

No, the tests in test folders under most modules are unit tests that spin
up miniclusters and/or use internal hooks to test small sections of code in
isolation. For end-to-end tests that can be run on clusters, check out the
tests in the hbase-it module. Details on running those can be found in the
reference guide.

Cheers,
  Dima