Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Stillwell <it...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/24 16:22:21 UTC

address for documentation bugs? (jndi datasource examples broken)

Where should I send documentation bugs?

There's a few problems with
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html:

1.

Section 2 says to add a slug of XML between a </Context> tag and a
</Host> tag.  Tomcat's conf/server.xml (at least version 5.0.28) does
not have a </Context> tag.  I had some success with adding a
<DefaultContext> tag and putting the slug in that, but I'm not sure if
that's what I'm supposed to do.

2.

The sample .jsp (Section 4) has lines like:

<c:forEach var="row" items="${rs.rows}">
    Foo ${row.foo}<br/>
    Bar ${row.bar}<br/>
</c:forEach>

This produces a literal "${row.foo}", etc.  Changing the taglib
reference from http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core to
http://java.sun.com/jstl/core (i.e. remove /jsp) and rewriting
"${row.foo}" as <c:out value="${row.foo}"/> seemed to work, but I
don't know if that's what I'm supposed to do either.

--M.

--
http://beebo.org
+44 78 2118 9049

Re: address for documentation bugs? (jndi datasource examples broken)

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
All bugs, documentation or otherwise, should be reported via bugzilla.

Mark