Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jae Joo <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/07 18:40:16 UTC

Sharding and Index Update

All,

I have two indices - one has 23 M document and the other has less than 1000.
The small index is for real time update.

Does updating small index (with commit) hurt the overall performance?
(We can not update realtime for 23M big index because of heavy traffic and
size).

Thanks,

Jae Joo

Re: Sharding and Index Update

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Won't hurt the performance - that *is* why people use BIG+small core trick. :)

 Otis
--
Sematext -- http://sematext.com/ -- Solr - Lucene - Nutch