Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Robert Ferin <rf...@us.ibm.com> on 2014/09/24 20:23:54 UTC

DotCMIS Login Problem With Documentum

Hello,

I am having a problem logging into a Documentum repository via DotCMIS.  I
have code that successfully logs into other repositories but is failing
against Documentum.    I can login successfully to the same Documentum
system using CMIS Workbench Version: 0.8.0-SNAPSHOT / Revision: ? / Build:
2012-09-03T21:14:47+0200.

The same credentials on my DotCMIS application fail.  I have attempted to
login by choosing the first repository and by specifying a repository.
Both methods fail.  I am using DotCMIS.dll 0.6.0.0.

When I attempt to login to the first repository,
factory.GetRepositories(loginParameters); returns a list of 0 items.

When I attempt to login by specifying the repository, I receive an
exception that the repository does not exist.  This same repository is the
one displayed by CMIS workbench:

Here is the exception for the specified repository:
DotCMIS.Exceptions.CmisObjectNotFoundException: Repository not found!
   at DotCMIS.Binding.AtomPub.RepositoryService.GetRepositoryInfo(String
repositoryId, IExtensionsData extension)
   at
DotCMIS.Binding.Impl.BindingRepositoryService.GetRepositoryInfo(String
repositoryId, IExtensionsData extension)
   at DotCMIS.Client.Impl.Session.Connect()
   at DotCMIS.Client.Impl.SessionFactory.CreateSession(IDictionary`2
parameters, IObjectFactory objectFactory, AbstractAuthenticationProvider
authenticationProvider, ICache cache)

Here is the snip of code that performs the login.  I split apart the
GetRepositories call and login call to multiple statements so I could
confirm that it is returning an empty list.

ISession myCMISSession = null;
loginParameters = new Dictionary<string, string>();
loginParameters[SessionParameter.BindingType] = BindingType.AtomPub;
loginParameters[SessionParameter.AtomPubUrl] = cmisAtomPubURL;  //
cmisAtomPubURL; is a string
loginParameters[SessionParameter.User] = cmisUserID; // cmisUserID; is a
string
loginParameters[SessionParameter.Password] = cmisPassword; //
cmisPassword; is a string
SessionFactory factory = SessionFactory.NewInstance();

if ((cmisRepositoryID != null) && (cmisRepositoryID.Trim().Length > 0))
{
   loginParameters[SessionParameter.RepositoryId] = cmisRepositoryID;  //
Login using a specific repository ID
   myCMISSession = factory.CreateSession(loginParameters);
}
else
{
   IList<IRepository> repositoryList =
factory.GetRepositories(loginParameters);
   if (repositoryList.Count != 0)
   {
      myCMISSession = repositoryList[0].CreateSession();  // Login to the
first repository
   }
}

When I click on "Load Repositories" using CMIS Workbench, it does list the
single repository and the login to that repository is successful.  I do
not understand why it is getting a list of repositories but my code does
not.

Can anyone offer any advice as to why I cannot login using DotCMIS when
the same login credentials work with CMIS Workbench?

Thanks,
Robert

Re: DotCMIS Login Problem With Documentum

Posted by Robert Ferin <rf...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Florian,

Thanks for your help on this.  It looks like I had an invalid
configuration file on my side.  Although the URL, userID & Password
visibly looked correct, there must have been some kind of
unprintable/invalid character in it.  Originally I just cut and pasted
from another location.  When I retyped it all by hand. I was able to
connect via DotCMIS.

Now I can continue with my testing.
Thank you,
Robert

From:   Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>
To:     Robert Ferin/Armonk/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:     dev@chemistry.apache.org
Date:   09/29/2014 12:45 PM
Subject:        Re: DotCMIS Login Problem With Documentum

Hi Robert,

I cannot reproduce the problem.
I've put the XML file on a web server and pointed a DotCMIS test to it.
It returns the one repository that is in the service document.
Are you using the correct URL?

- Florian

https://www.google.com/url?url=https://community.emc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/12500-102-1-47618/documentum_cmis_67_deployment.pdf&amp;rct=j&amp;frm=1&amp;q=&amp;esrc=s&amp;sa=U&amp;ei=bjopVMDUL8uXgwTI-YCQBw&amp;ved=0CBQQFjAA&amp;usg=AFQjCNGj_VIVdEf5OKWDCpj8TrCgTqHztQ

https://www.google.com/url?url=https://community.emc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/12500-102-1-47618/documentum_cmis_67_deployment.pdf&amp;amp;rct=j&amp;amp;frm=1&amp;amp;q=&amp;amp;esrc=s&amp;amp;sa=U&amp;amp;ei=bjopVMDUL8uXgwTI-YCQBw&amp;amp;ved=0CBQQFjAA&amp;amp;usg=AFQjCNGj_VIVdEf5OKWDCpj8TrCgTqHztQ

Re: DotCMIS Login Problem With Documentum

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert,

From:   Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>
To:     Robert Ferin/Armonk/IBM@IBMUS