Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> on 2008/06/26 14:33:02 UTC

[VOTE] Release UIMA 2.2.2-fp1-incubating release candidate 02

I have successfully verified/tested the memory fixes for release uima-2.2.2-fp1-incubating.

The release artifacts are available on

	people.a.o/~mbaessler/uima-2.2.2-fp1/02

For the fixpack we ship the uima-core.jar and a readme packaged as zip (uima-2.2.2-fp1-incubating.zip).

Please cast your vote:

[  ] +1  uima-2.2.2-fp1-incubating release candidate 02 is ready and can be released
[  ]  0  don't care
[  ] -1  don't release yet, I found some more issues

-- Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA 2.2.2-fp1-incubating release candidate 02

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Michael Baessler wrote:
> I have successfully verified/tested the memory fixes for release uima-2.2.2-fp1-incubating.
>
> The release artifacts are available on
>
> 	people.a.o/~mbaessler/uima-2.2.2-fp1/02
>

> For the fixpack we ship the uima-core.jar and a readme packaged as zip (uima-2.2.2-fp1-incubating.zip).
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
> [  ] +1  uima-2.2.2-fp1-incubating release candidate 02 is ready and can be released
> [  ]  0  don't care
> [  ] -1  don't release yet, I found some more issues
>
> -- Michael

+1

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release UIMA 2.2.2-fp1-incubating release candidate 02

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
The vote runs for more than 72 hours and we have enough +1 votes to pass.

Vote result:
 +1  Marshall Schor
 +1  Adam Lally
 +1  Edward Epstein
 +1  Joern Kottmann
 +1  Thilo Goetz
 +1  Michael Baessler

 No 0 or -1 votes received.

The vote passes.

I will ask on Incubator for review and approval.

-- Michael

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Michael Baessler
<mb...@michael-baessler.de> wrote:
> I have successfully verified/tested the memory fixes for release uima-2.2.2-fp1-incubating.
>
> The release artifacts are available on
>
>        people.a.o/~mbaessler/uima-2.2.2-fp1/02
>

> For the fixpack we ship the uima-core.jar and a readme packaged as zip (uima-2.2.2-fp1-incubating.zip).
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
> [  ] +1  uima-2.2.2-fp1-incubating release candidate 02 is ready and can be released
> [  ]  0  don't care
> [  ] -1  don't release yet, I found some more issues
>
> -- Michael

+1

 -Adam

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA 2.2.2-fp1-incubating release candidate 02

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Thilo Goetz wrote:
> Michael Baessler wrote:
>> Marshall Schor wrote:
>>> Michael Baessler wrote:
> [...]
>>> 4) The POM included in the Jar under the "maven" directory shows the
>>> parent of this artifact to be the pom org.apache.uima : uimaj :
>>> 2.2.2-01-incubating.   I think this means that when maven artifacts are
>>> uploaded, the uimaj POM needs to be "released" as well.  Because of
>>> this, I would suggest in the note for the general@incubator vote, to
>>> include a link to this in the SVN tag, along with a note that this
>>> would
>>> be uploaded to the incubator maven repository as part of the release.
>> Not sure if we really want to upload this hotfix also to the Maven
>> repository.
>> I would say no, just upload real releases.
>
> I agree with Michael.  Since we changed the version number for the
> core jar, wouldn't we need to build and upload a complete UIMA
> distribution?
I think it's fine to not do a maven upload for this hot fix. -Marshall

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA 2.2.2-fp1-incubating release candidate 02

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Michael Baessler wrote:
> Marshall Schor wrote:
>> Michael Baessler wrote:
[...]
>> 4) The POM included in the Jar under the "maven" directory shows the
>> parent of this artifact to be the pom org.apache.uima : uimaj :
>> 2.2.2-01-incubating.   I think this means that when maven artifacts are
>> uploaded, the uimaj POM needs to be "released" as well.  Because of
>> this, I would suggest in the note for the general@incubator vote, to
>> include a link to this in the SVN tag, along with a note that this would
>> be uploaded to the incubator maven repository as part of the release.
> Not sure if we really want to upload this hotfix also to the Maven repository.
> I would say no, just upload real releases.

I agree with Michael.  Since we changed the version number for the
core jar, wouldn't we need to build and upload a complete UIMA
distribution?

--Thilo

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA 2.2.2-fp1-incubating release candidate 02

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Marshall Schor wrote:
> Michael Baessler wrote:
>> I have successfully verified/tested the memory fixes for release
>> uima-2.2.2-fp1-incubating.
>>
>> The release artifacts are available on
>>
>>     people.a.o/~mbaessler/uima-2.2.2-fp1/02
>>

>> For the fixpack we ship the uima-core.jar and a readme packaged as zip
>> (uima-2.2.2-fp1-incubating.zip).
>>
>> Please cast your vote:
>>
>> [  ] +1  uima-2.2.2-fp1-incubating release candidate 02 is ready and
>> can be released
>> [  ]  0  don't care
>> [  ] -1  don't release yet, I found some more issues
>>
> +1
>
> Observations - no blockers, but in my review I noticed the following:
>
> 1) I see the hot fix packaging is just Zip?  No Tars?  This is probably
> OK in that the released artifact is just the Java JAR file which should
> be platform independent.
Yes, I thought a Zip should be sufficient since it is just used to package the hotfix readme with
the platform independent jar.

> 2) The components being released do not link to the corresponding
> source(s).  Not a blocker, but if we redo, I think it would be good to
> identify in the readme where the source that corresponds to this is
> (what tag in SVN).
Good idea, will do if we have to redo.

> 3) I would note on the post to general@incubator.a.o that the LICENSE,
> NOTICE, and DISCLAIMER files are inside the Jar, and that RAT was not
> run since there was only 1 file (the JAR), and the Readme.
Will do.

> 4) The POM included in the Jar under the "maven" directory shows the
> parent of this artifact to be the pom org.apache.uima : uimaj :
> 2.2.2-01-incubating.   I think this means that when maven artifacts are
> uploaded, the uimaj POM needs to be "released" as well.  Because of
> this, I would suggest in the note for the general@incubator vote, to
> include a link to this in the SVN tag, along with a note that this would
> be uploaded to the incubator maven repository as part of the release.
Not sure if we really want to upload this hotfix also to the Maven repository.
I would say no, just upload real releases.

> 5) I verified that the main uima documentation has been updated with the
> new performance tuning options.
>
> Found one typo in the README-Hotfix1 (not a blocker, fixed in SVN):
> "There is a small number of performance tuning options" ->
> "There are a small number of performance tuning options"
Try to fix it if we have to redo.

> 6) In a separate thread I propose some change to the documentation for
> JCAS_CACHE_ENABLED.  Current doc in the readme is ok for this release.
>
> -Marshall

Thanks for looking into the details!

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.