Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2014/01/24 11:07:18 UTC

XML validation for tag libraries

I have noticed that older versions of the JSTL tag libraries contain
following
web-jsptaglibrary_2_0.xsd"

Using just the file name for the location in our new EntityResolver
triggers the "try and find the resource relative to the current
resource" code path which typically fails.

It could be argued that the xsi:schemaLocation are incomplete but there
are a lot of instances of these tag libraries out there so I wanted to
look at possible solutions.

What do folks think of the following? The patch is against 8.0.x but
similar patches (less the later namespaces) would apply to 7.0.x and
6.0.x as well.

http://people.apache.org/~markt/patches/2014-01-24-j2ee-resolver-tc8-v1.patch

Thoughts?

Mark