Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Li Li <fa...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/01 05:21:32 UTC

how to ignore position in indexing?

hi all
     in lucene, we can only store tf of a term's invert list. in my
application, I only provide dismax query with boolean query and don't
support queries which need position info such as phrase query. So I
don't want to store position info in prx file. How to turn off it? And
if I turn off it, will search become quicker?

Re: how to ignore position in indexing?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
The fact that https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2048 is still open
tells me omitting only positional info isn't yet possible.

You can also look around here:
http://search-lucene.com/?q=omit+position+frequency&fc_project=Solr

Otis
----