Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Mike Williams <mi...@mikesbox.com> on 2001/05/12 00:57:19 UTC

Status of Apache Soap?

Hello everyone!

I'm considering using Apache Soap for a new project I'm working on, and
to be honest, from reading some of the posts, I'm a little concerned
about my choice.

I've used many of the Apache packages in the past and plan on continuing
to.  But, this project is very important to me in more ways than one.
It will be a key  part of our companies future, which is important :),
but, it's also my first chance to introduce Open Source to the company!
  So, needless to say I have to choose wisely.  You know what they say
about first impressions :)

So, my question is. What is the future of Apache Soap?  Will it continue
to see active development?  What is Axis and should I be considering it
instead?

P.S. I would be very happy to contribute time and effort to further the
project.  I have to get this project out the door first though :)

Thanks!
Mike

--

Mike Williams