Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2006/04/19 15:19:32 UTC

Re: Moving Cayenne Jira to a shared instance

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for clarification. I do understand the challenge in merging
two dbs. Until yesterday I just wasn't sure if this problem has been
already solved by the Jira team. BTW, I think we can simplify the
task. What's important is loading the issues and merging users and
groups (resolving potentially conflicting names). We have no custom
fields and we can manually recreate permission and notification
schemes. Does it make things simpler?

Also after our yesterday conversation I opened an improvement request
regarding single sign-on part of this discussion:

http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-9930

Andrus