Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by rasitha <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/25 17:45:47 UTC

Apache.NMS 1.5.0 & Broker 5.4.2 - Compatibility

Hi,

I recently upgraded my .Net solution to a newer version of NMS drivers and
I'm seeing an issue where consumers stop processing messages when the broker
is restarted. Consumers are using failover protocol and it is not an issue
on the old driver.

Broker version: 5.4.2

Old Version:
Apache.NMS - 1.4.0
Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ - 1.4.1

New version:
Apache.NMS - 1.5.0
Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ - 1.5.2

Does anyone know if there's a known compatibility issue with the new driver
on 5.4.2 broker?

Upgrading the broker is not an option at this time and I'm looking to roll
back the drivers. But if there's a known workaround for the new drivers,
please let me know.

Thanks!

Re: Apache.NMS 1.5.0 & Broker 5.4.2 - Compatibility

Posted by rasitha <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yes, v1.5.5 seems to be working. I will start using that version.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Apache.NMS 1.5.0 & Broker 5.4.2 - Compatibility

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 08:45 -0700, rasitha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded my .Net solution to a newer version of NMS drivers and
> I'm seeing an issue where consumers stop processing messages when the broker
> is restarted. Consumers are using failover protocol and it is not an issue
> on the old driver.
>
> Broker version: 5.4.2
>
> Old Version:
> Apache.NMS - 1.4.0
> Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ - 1.4.1
>
> New version:
> Apache.NMS - 1.5.0
> Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ - 1.5.2
>
> Does anyone know if there's a known compatibility issue with the new driver
> on 5.4.2 broker?
>
> Upgrading the broker is not an option at this time and I'm looking to roll
> back the drivers. But if there's a known workaround for the new drivers,
> please let me know.
>
> Thanks!

Sounds like you might be seeing
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQNET-341

I'd recommend you move up to NMS.ActiveMQ v1.5.5

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | FuseSource Corp