Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Frank LoVecchio <fr...@isidorey.com> on 2010/12/14 01:16:25 UTC

Secondary Indexes with TimeUUIDType CF Not Working?

I was playing around with secondary indexes in 0.7 RC2 through the command
line, and I can't seem to get them work with a TimeUUIDType Column Family.

For Instance:

create column family TestSecondaryIndexes with comparator = TimeUUIDType
... and column_metadata=[{column_name: uuid_nondexed, validation_class:
TimeUUIDType},
... {column_name: year, validation_class: LongType, index_type: KEYS},
... {column_name: month, validation_class: LongType, index_type: KEYS},
... {column_name: day, validation_class: LongType, index_type: KEYS},
.. {column_name: timezone, validation_class: UTF8Type, index_type: KEYS}];

Throws Invalid UUID string: uuid_nondexed.  Using other CF comparator types
worked, even when I changed the uuid_dummy validation_class to something
different than the CF.

Am I missing something or is there not yet support for this comparator type?

Thanks,

Frank

Re: Secondary Indexes with TimeUUIDType CF Not Working?

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@riptano.com>.
When you say 'comparator = TimeUUIDType', your saying that all column names
are TimeUUIDs.  So, when you try to create an index on a column with name
'uuid_nonindexed', it complains because that's a string, not a TimeUUID.

- Tyler