Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Wizmerhill <wi...@talath.net> on 2004/07/21 14:01:59 UTC

adding header to html message

Hello,
I'm trying to added "Accept-Encoding: gzip" in a html message after searching
on the net, I find
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-sqzsoap.html.

I search in user mailing and the problem exists since one or two years.

To added the message, I try to adding a header to an html message with the
code :

----------------

Hashtable userHeaderTable = (Hashtable)
call.getMessageContext().getProperty(org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPConstants.REQUEST_HEADERS);
if (userHeaderTable == null) {
	userHeaderTable = new Hashtable();
}
userHeaderTable.put("Accept-Encoding", "gzip");
call.getMessageContext().setProperty(org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPConstants.REQUEST_HEADERS,userHeaderTable);

----------------

But nothing is added. (I use ethereal for that)

I read this in org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender :

-----SNIP-----

otherHeaders.append(key).append(":").append(me.getValue()).append("\r\n");

-----SNIP-----

        if (null != otherHeaders) {
            //Add other headers to the end.
            //for pre java1.4 support, we have to turn the string buffer
argument into
            //a string before appending.
            header2.append(otherHeaders.toString());
        }

So headers which are not define must be added to the message. No ?

--
Wizmerhill
http://www.talath.net