Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jason Vincent <jt...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/01 21:32:50 UTC

Shale: UIDataTable to output delimited plain text.

Hi all,
I'd like to have a tab (or comma) delimited text page outputed for a
JSF request.  When I click the link on the previous page, it asks me
to save the tab delimited text file to my harddrive.

I was thinking that I could extend the DataTable renderer, or
something like that on a custom component.
Is that the right path? Has someone done this yet?
Perhaps someone could list the steps I'd need to take to extend an
existing component - or point me to some doc-o's to that I could RT#M.

Is there something in Shale that could help change the "view" type
from html to text?

Thanks,
Jason