Posted to user@hive.apache.org by wesley dias <we...@outlook.com> on 2014/11/27 04:35:38 UTC

Issue with windowing function UDAF registeration

Hi,

While executing a simple select query using
a custom windowing UDAF I created I am constantly running into this error.

Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error in configuring
object

        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:109)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:75)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:133)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.runOldReducer(ReduceTask.java:409)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.run(ReduceTask.java:392)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:168)

        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

        at
javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1594)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:163)

        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

        at

        at

        at

        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:106)

        ... 9 more

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Reduce operator
initialization failed

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.ExecReducer.configure(ExecReducer.java:173)

        ... 14 more

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FunctionRegistry.getFunctionInfo(FunctionRegistry.java:647)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FunctionRegistry.getWindowFunctionInfo(FunctionRegistry.java:1875)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.udf.ptf.WindowingTableFunction.streamingPossible(WindowingTableFunction.java:150)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.udf.ptf.WindowingTableFunction.setCanAcceptInputAsStream(WindowingTableFunction.java:221)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.udf.ptf.WindowingTableFunction.initializeStreaming(WindowingTableFunction.java:266)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.PTFOperator$PTFInvocation.initializeStreaming(PTFOperator.java:292)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.PTFOperator.initializeOp(PTFOperator.java:86)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initialize(Operator.java:376)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initialize(Operator.java:460)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initializeChildren(Operator.java:416)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExtractOperator.initializeOp(ExtractOperator.java:40)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initialize(Operator.java:376)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.ExecReducer.configure(ExecReducer.java:166)

        ... 14 more

Just wanted to check if any of you have faced this earlier. Also
when I try to run the Custom UDAF on another server it works fine. The only
difference I can see it that the hive version I am using on my local machine is
0.13.1 where it is working and on the other machine it is 0.13.0 where I see the above mentioned error. I am not sure if this was a bug
which was fixed in the later release but I just wanted to confirm the same.

Regards,

Wesley

Issue with windowing function UDAF registeration

Re: Issue with windowing function UDAF registeration

Posted by Jason Dere <jd...@hortonworks.com>.
Created HIVE-9073 (with patch) for this.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Issue with windowing function UDAF registeration

Posted by Jason Dere <jd...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Wesley,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: Issue with windowing function UDAF registeration

Posted by wesley dias <we...@outlook.com>.
Hi Karthik,
Thanks for the below response. But I dont think the issue is related to empty table. Even if I try tocreate an alias for a inbuilt windowing function for e.g. Last_Value
Create temporary function mylastval as 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.udf.generic.GenericUDAFLastValue';
And i try using this alias in a select query I get the below mentioned error.Like mentioned below I observed this error on the hive version 0.13.0.2 on HDP 2.2

Regards,
Wesley

From: karthiksrivasthava@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Issue with windowing function UDAF registeration
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 23:12:33 -0600
To: user@hive.apache.org

You might be running this query on empty table .. Windowing function throw error with null input and this is fixed in 0.14 hive version

Posted by Karthiksrivasthava <ka...@gmail.com>.