Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Cory Wilkerson <cw...@travelnow.com> on 2002/12/20 18:10:53 UTC

WSDL

First off - thanks to Scott and others for responding to my recent posts...I've really go the ball rolling on Apache SOAP/Resin Integration into my own web-app and life is good.  But, as is usual, I've yet another question (more questions).

A) Is WSDL relevant in messaging as opposed to RPC models?
B) If so, are there any tools available by which to publish WSDL from my deployed service?

I thank you all -- and happy holidays,
Cory Wilkerson

Re: WSDL

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
WSDL is relevant.  In some ways, Apache SOAP messaging is a way to
provide doc/lit capabilities that WSDL specifies.

If you really want to get deeply into WSDL use, you should consider Axis
(http://xml.apache.org/axis/).  If you just want to play with WSDL for
now, I still recommend grabbing Axis and using the Java2WSDL and
WSDL2Java tools, as they will work pretty well with your Apache SOAP
services.

Scott Nichol

Re: WSDL