Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sc...@lotus.com on 2001/03/06 09:04:52 UTC

Batik refs to Crimson (was Re: Volunteers: First Cut)

Stephane Hillion <hi...@apache.org> wrote:
>  BTW I used Xalan 1.2.1 in Batik to perform some XSL stuff and it was
>  impossible to change the DOM implementation since explicit references to

>  Xerces are present everywhere. Too bad..

XalanJ 2.0 is independent of Xerces or Crimson... it only uses JAXP 1.1,
DOM2, and SAX2.

-scott

Re: Batik refs to Crimson (was Re: Volunteers: First Cut)

Posted by Edwin Goei <Ed...@eng.sun.com>.
Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:

> Stephane Hillion <hi...@apache.org> wrote:
> >  BTW I used Xalan 1.2.1 in Batik to perform some XSL stuff and it was
> >  impossible to change the DOM implementation since explicit references to
>
> >  Xerces are present everywhere. Too bad..
>
> XalanJ 2.0 is independent of Xerces or Crimson... it only uses JAXP 1.1,
> DOM2, and SAX2.

I don't know if it is still true, but in our current internal build we
have to replace the following file because it refers to xerces...

org/apache/xalan/res/XSLTInfo.properties

-Edwin