Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Zhong Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/10 12:48:24 UTC

%spark is significantly slower than %sql

Hi,

I am working on building some responsive UI to visualize reports on top of
Zeppelin. I found that running the same query using %spark sometimes is
significantly slower than using %sql.

For the query I am running, I can get result within 1 sec using %sql, but
sometimes using more than 2 secs to get result using %spark. %spark is also
very responsive after a clean restart, but become slower after it runs for
a while, but %sql is still fast.

Does anyone have the same issue? What is the difference between running
using %spark and running using %sql?

Thanks!

Zhong

Re: %spark is significantly slower than %sql

Posted by Zhong Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your answer, moon! Sorry that it is difficult to reproduce the
issue, but I think you are right.

Best,
Zhong

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.