Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Steve B." <st...@browsermedia.com> on 2005/02/03 17:02:08 UTC

WRT bug JS2-189

(Is this the right place for this post?)

Jira inclued issue JS2-189 which basically reports Exception "Cannot
create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL null" when running on
Tomcat 5.5.

I ran into this bug as well while trying to install J2 (CVS 02-02-2005)
on Tomcat 5.5.7. I had seen this exception before (installing Roller)
where the Driver class in the error is '' and url is NULL. I think this
is a common error when there is an issue with the
/conf/Catalina/localhost/xxxx.xml and its definition of datasources.

For Jetspeed, I got passed this by updating my
/conf/Catalina/localhost/jetspeed.xml to now be the following (btw - I
am still using Hypersonic while the jetspeed-tomcat-5.5.xml is for MySql).

I am now trying to get passed JS2-187 which the issuetracke seems to
believe is related to this issue - any hints appreciated.

<!--
Licensing stuff
-->

<Context path="/jetspeed" docBase="jetspeed" crossContext="true">

  <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm"
         appName="Jetspeed"

userClassNames="org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.UserPrincipalImpl"

roleClassNames="org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.RolePrincipalImpl"
         useContextClassLoader="false"
         debug="3"/>

        <Resource name="jdbc/jetspeed" auth="Container"
            factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource" username="sa" password=""
            driverClassName="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"
url="jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://127.0.0.1:9001"
            maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"/>

</Context>