Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by "Devenney, Noel" <No...@fmr.com.INVALID> on 2016/04/04 14:22:15 UTC

Verifying user credentials in Solr

Apologies, sent this email first to the 'user' mailing list, not sure if its more suited for 'dev'

Hi all,

In regards to the connection status field when viewing output connection status, specifically for a Solr connection, it seems like credentials like UserID and password aren't verified. If we change the UserID or password for the connection, the status will still output "Connection working", even though operations on Solr requiring authentication would not work.

Does anyone know are there any ways within ManifoldCF that we could also verify the user credentials when checking connection status, using functionality already in ManifoldCF or by making modifications to the source?

Thanks,
Noel

Re: Verifying user credentials in Solr

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Noel,

In order to display "Connection working", the Solr connector executes a
"ping" request using SolrJ to determine whether connectivity is present and
authorized.  It sounds to me like Solr isn't actually checking
authorization for this, but it really should.  What version of Solr are you
using?  Can you post to the lucene/solr user list to ask about this
functionality?

Thanks,
Karl