Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/22 18:03:38 UTC

Bad Git Commit / Advice?

I've made the first big mistake on the git repo for Rya.

Basically, I pulled in three of the latest commits onto master instead of
develop.  Now Master is ahead of develop (and the POM on master
3.2.10-SNAPSHOT instead of 3.2.9).

What's the best way to remedy this?

I'm tempted to  cut a 3.2.10 release and open 3.2.11-SNAPSHOT on Develop.

Or perhaps a git-pro can undo my push onto master the apache repo.

Any advice?

--Aaron

Re: Bad Git Commit / Advice?

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.
I'm going to leave master as-is and merge in the PRs into develop that I
merged into master.  It's unfortunate that master will have a snapshot POM
on it, but at least those two branches will be consistent.

I won't rush to cut a release now, but I'll read up on the ASF incubator
release process to get an idea about the effort involved (and hopefully a
good idea about planning and deciding when to cut a release).

Thanks All!

--Aaron

Re: Bad Git Commit / Advice?

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bad Git Commit / Advice?

Posted by Puja Valiyil <pu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bad Git Commit / Advice?

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Re: Bad Git Commit / Advice?

Posted by Puja Valiyil <pu...@gmail.com>.
I'm ok cutting a 3.2.10 release as long as it has all the outstanding pull requests pulled in.  All should be fine if you pull in those pull requests into develop too right before cutting a release?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Bad Git Commit / Advice?

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bad Git Commit / Advice?